Join us for a free webinar on Apache Spark and Hadoop on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and learn about jumpstarting your analytics program. The webinar will feature two senior consultants including Keith Steward, Ph.D. who is the Specialist Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services specializing in the Amazon EMR service, and in the AWS Machine Learning / AI offerings.
The webinar will include both an applications and best practices overview on AWS EMR (a fully managed Hadoop service) including deployment scenarios and industry use cases presented by Dr. Keith Stewart from AWS. This session will be followed by a hands-on presentation on Apache Spark using AWS EMR presented by Adam Breindel.
Date : Wed, Apr 19, 2017 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
– AWS EMR overview, best practices and industry application use cases
– Role of Spark with respect to Hadoop, AWS, EMR, and popular big data technologies
– Analytics and ETL with SparkSQL and DataFrame/Dataset APIs
– Basics of Spark Execution and Memory
– Visualizing Data with Zeppelin (and possibly Tableau, time permitting)
– Intro to Machine Learning with SparkML
– Intro to Spark Streaming
– Spark on YARN: Clustering and Operations within EMR
– Business Cases and Architecture Patterns with Apache Spark
Some of the technologies we will talk about and demonstrate include:
– Amazon EMR clusters supporting Apache Spark 2.0, HDFS and/or EMRFS, Apache Zeppelin with support for at least Scala (Spark), PySpark, (Spark)SQL, sh, hdfs interpreters
Adam Breindel is a stackArmor Big Data Consultant focused on consulting and teaching Apache Spark. Adam’s experience includes work with banks on neural-net fraud detection, streaming analytics, cluster management code, and web apps, as well as development at a variety of startup and established companies in the travel, productivity, and entertainment industries. He is excited by the way that Spark and other modern big-data tech remove so many old obstacles to system design and make it possible to explore new categories of interesting, fun, hard problems.
Keith Steward, Ph.D. is Specialist Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services in Boston specializing in the Amazon EMR service, and in the AWS Machine Learning / AI offerings. He helps AWS customers understand and architect Big Data, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and AI solutions on top of the AWS platform. Prior to AWS, he has worked on innovative Big Data and scientific systems at a variety of companies in industries including Software, Biotech, and Medical.
Learn more about stackArmor and our Analytics offerings on our website https://stackarmor.com/solutions-2/cdo-managed-data-platforms-for-chief-data-officers/
stackArmor is an Advanced AWS Partner that enables rapidly provisioning of cloud hosting solutions for security focused customers in Financial Services, Healthcare, Telecom, Non-profits and Public sector markets. Join us for a webinar on learning more about jumpstarting an analytics program using Apache Spark on Amazon Web Services.