- Home » Blog » AWS re:Invent 2016: stackArmor After-party Summary
AWS re:Invent 2016: stackArmor After-party Summary
Amazon Web Services (AWS) re:Invent 2016 just concluded last week with loads of cloud goodies rolling out everyday. The cloud innovation experts at stackArmor have been busy helping customers begin the fun work of driving continuous innovation using these new services. The variety of services is breathtaking, there is something for everyone! Now that developers the world over have had access to the new services, and today is the first working day after the big party, what are the services drawing the most developer interest and activity? Where are the most questions? Here is a quick list of 10 most popular services ranked by initial developer engagement and interest from the AWS Forums.
NOTE: This not a complete and exhaustive ranking or analysis of all of the new services released last week.
Top 10 AWS services announced at re:Invent 2016 by Developer Interest
- Amazon Lightsail: Amazon Lightsail is the easiest way to launch and manage a virtual private server (VPS). Get all needed EC2 components including – compute, storage, and networking – starting at $5/month. Learn more.
- AWS CodeBuild: AWS CodeBuild is a fully managed build service that builds and tests code in the cloud. Learn more.
- AWS X-Ray (In Preview): AWS X-Ray helps developers analyze and debug distributed applications. With X-Ray, identify performance bottlenecks, errors, and other issues. Learn more.
- AWS Step Functions: AWS Step Functions makes it easy to coordinate the components of distributed applications and microservices using visual workflows. Learn more.
- AWS Polly: Amazon Polly is a service that turns text into lifelike speech, making it easy to develop applications that use high-quality speech to increase engagement and accessibility. Learn more.
- AWS Athena: Amazon Athena is a serverless interactive query service that makes it easy to analyze data in Amazon S3, using standard SQL. Learn more.
- AWS AppStream 2.0: Amazon AppStream 2.0 is a fully managed, secure application streaming service that allows you to stream desktop applications from the AWS Cloud to a browser running on any connected device. Learn more.
- AWS Rekognition: Amazon Rekognition is a deep learning-based image recognition service that enables you to search, verify and organize millions of images. Learn more.
- AWS Batch: Fully Managed Batch Processing allows specifying execution parameters and job dependencies, and facilitates integration with a broad range of popular batch computing workflow engines and languages (e.g., Pegasus WMS, Cromwell, and Luigi). Learn more.
- Amazon Pinpoint: Amazon Pinpoint enables real-time analytics with dashboards for analyzing user engagement, monetization, user demographics, custom events, and funnels so you can understand how users engage with your application. Learn more.
We will be providing more coverage on exciting topics related to AWS re:Invent 2016 and helping you create powerful solutions for meeting customer needs. If you are interested in scheduling a free consultation with a certified AWS Solution Architect to see how these new services can help your project, please do not hesitate to contact us.